A lot of young people are not listening when they are in driving school, that’s a very boring process for them and they can’t wait to seat in the car and drive away, but listening is very important part of becoming a good driver!
1. First and the most important skill in my opinion is FOCUS, yeah, you need to stay focused while driving. How many times have you seen people eating, texting and even applying makeup while driving but guess what you are increasing your chances to be involved in a car accident while doing this things. So people stay FOCUSED!
2. Also very important thing, you should not be in your car if you’re not feeling good or if you’re tired, we’re back at the first skill, your focus is much lower when you are exhausted and you can be the cause of the car excited. How many times did you hear that someone has fall asleep while driving and we all know what happened after that. If you are tired and not feeling so good don’t drive, stay at home, it’s safer for you and the other drivers!
3. This maybe sounds funny but slow driving can be also dangerous, sometimes is more dangerous than a fast driving so go with the flow, drive like the others are driving in your line and there will be no problems!
4. There are lot of ways to prevent an accident, making yourself visible is also one of them, I’m sure that you have heard that an accident occur because the driver didn’t see the other car so making yourself visible is also a very important thing to remember if we’re speaking of the safe driving. Turn signals, headlights, brake lights, there are lot of ways to make yourself visible on the road!
5. Of course, I bet you see this one coming, if you want to be safe driver on the road you need to familiarize yourself with the traffic rules. Yeah, there’s a lot of traffic rules but it’s not that hard from time to time to refresh your memories about road signs and traffic laws.
6. Once or twice a year you need to inspect your car because no matter how careful you are, if your car is not working well you can be a danger on the road. So, don’t forget to take a care of your car!
7. Last but not least, you need to be aware that there will always be the people who are driving very aggressively so if you see someone is changing the lines or driving too fast don’t need to panic just stay in your line and try to maintain your speed, that’s the best thing you can do in this kind of situations!